Monday, August 1, 2011

A Little Weather Report

Shortly after being asked by a friend/ recent transplant of Edinburgh, why I do not carry an umbrella, I was reminded of just that. Note the threefold brollie carnage in this here bin.
I am also reminded of a quote:

"In Scotland, there is no such thing as bad weather-
only the wrong clothes"
-Billy Connolly


* Disclaimer: It should also be noted that the same Billy Connolly was quoted saying that "There are only two seasons in Scotland: June and Winter!", so moral of the story? Dress wisely and when in doubt, assume it is going to rain! Why? Because it is going to!

* note: I would like to amend my post today. Upon further research I have found my quote by Billy Connolly to have been incomplete. So I leave you with the full quote and a life lesson on how to make your Edinburgh exploits more enjoyable:

"I hate all those weathermen, too, who tell you that rain is bad weather. There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothing so get yourself a sexy raincoat and live a little."
-Billy Connolly

Thank you for that chestnut Billy, where were you and your wealth of information eight months ago?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts