Thursday, June 23, 2011

Flower Power

Everybody in Edinburgh knows Vintage = W. Armstrong & Son
Now you do too!
After an accidental thrifting session this morning, unintentional in that I was supposed to be sourcing citric acid for my future Elderflower Cordial, to no avail. It turns out the illusive ingredient has been taken off the shelves on account of it also being an ingredient in making of heroine! yikes! So no citric acid, many explanations that I am too chubby to be a heroine addict, plenty of strange looks and awkward chuckles later, I went thrift shopping instead.
My house now looks like some kind of shrine to Laura Ashley. It must be the fact that summer either has yet to arrive, or did and is just plain unsatisfactory, that caused me to loose myself in a sea of floral prints today. If it warms up, I will wear them with loafers and my white vintage Ray-Bans, if not, with cute cardigans and rolled up jeans.

Pictured above is a 3/4 length high-waisted skirt that looked so fresh with my navy boat shoes!

Blouses! I love buttoning them right to the top lately.
One in floral and one minty vintage Ben Sherman.
We are the Mods!
A sweet little change purse...then Presto Change-O
It truly is a 'change purse'!
It unzips into my newest shopping bag!
Perfect for some impromptu thrifting next time!
All my purchases were 10% off too! Armstrongs offers a student discount which is by all accounts Amazing! So all in all, I got out of the shop with all this for under 20 pounds. Perfect!
I am always one for stopping to smell the flowers and today...they smell a little bit like granny flavoured mothballs, so I better go do some washing up!

erin x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts