Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Stay-cay and a Vaccay!

I have plenty of things I am working on to post from this weekends wonderful stay-cay in Edinburgh! I also have a couple of days off from my job at the camping and hiking store to go...you guessed it! Camping and Hiking! This is where this shit gets real! (ahem)
In search of the perfect travel companion-a book, I used ALL of my time searching for some Scottish fiction or a tale of trails and trials in the highlands, and all of my cheese budget on books. I spent NON of my time fine-tuning the many drafts I have piling up, and though I am excited to share them, none resemble a finished postable product!
Sigh, so much to write about, so little time! So thus I will surely add to the backlog by going on my adventure to the Island of Arran this week! Oh well, I am sure you will agree it is worth it! Wouldn't you say? We will follow the Tastes of Arran trail, this is a real thing, and it looks real tasty too. Arran has creameries, fish smoking facilities, cheese and chocolate factories, and distilleries to wash it all down! Also, all are open for my touring pleasure! We are packing in and packing out so our little laptop did not make the cut. A light load makes for more room for local Arran cheddar to make the trip back. The sacrifices one has to make.
Well enjoy your week, whether in Edinburgh or beyond, and I will report back about my local food related findings post-trail of taste!

erin x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts