Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Wedding Meats Warhammer...wait for it...

This past weekend we had the pleasure of travelling to the lovely lakes district to take in a wedding. Lumberjack's brother got married in Penrith and it was my chance to attend a proper British wedding as well as the first I have attended since my own.

DIY I Do's
The things I loved about this wedding were the handmade additions to the usual wedding fare, which happened to be everything!
  • Miles of homemade bunting in red, yellow and orange
  • Waistcoats( aka vests), wide ties and bridesmaids dresses all made by the brides most talented Mom
  • Wedding dress designed by the brides Dad, complete with lace, gathers and tiny flowers all sewn by the same mighty busy, mighty skilled Momma
  • Pom poms/carnations, depending which country you are reading in, made with tonnes of tissue paper for a sweet, super old school look
  • No fuss flowers bought the day of, arranged by me and the brides Mom
  • Freeze dried fruits covered in chocolate made right there in the community
  • Centrepieces set on well loved board games complete with Trivial Pursuit cards on the corners of each table.....
which tied in perfectly with the cranium themed wedding cake. Oh, did I mention that dancing was not to be found? But rather in its place was time for a rousing game of your choice from the couple's bonanza of board games.

Post Hog roast consumption, hence the meat mention in my post title, Ticket to Ride, Scrabble and Settlers of Catan were scattered all over the tables at the little town hall. Even the groom got into the action, grinning ear to ear during a wedding night battle of Warhammer. I stuck to the kitschy classics so as to not interfere with my serial mingling skills, including Pop up Pirate, Buckaroo, and this plastic triumph you might just remember...
This is me in wedding attendance attire reliving my youth, perched competitively on the floor submitting to the nostalgia, playing a mad game of Hungry Hungry Hippos (yes, I chose my hippo to co-ordinate with my dress, so what!)

So all in all it was a wonderfully individual event, showcasing the hobbies of the couple and including the attendants in the interests they share. The newly married couple loved it and I was pleased as punch to have been part of it.

Oh, and PS.
Yes...there were plenty of fabulous wedding hats and fascinators being worn! Just cause I knew you were wondering!
x

1 comment:

  1. I feel the need to point out that despite labelling it warhammer, the picture of the miniatures is actually Warmachine, a game created and produced by a different company altogether.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts