Saturday, June 25, 2011

You can creep on Edinburgh!

When we first made the decision to move to Edinburgh, I of course was a tad curious about what it would be like. So, I put my internet surfer hat on and scanned through a multitude of images, videos, travel sites and the like. It is always so exciting and out of context to view a city for the first time via someone else's perspective, ie. photo. But unlike my online Edinburgh immersion, life surprisingly does not come with a photoshop button. So upon arrival, one must take the high street (pictured) with the ripe alley behind the fishmonger's (not pictured).

That being said, this site displaying Edinburgh's web cams a-plenty was my obsession. My Lumberjack and I were still courting at the time, and I would often daydream about our future in what seemed like such a far off place. This little stream of Edinburgh images helped my imagination along, while also telling me the current temperature out too! Practical? Yes. A tiny bit creepy? Oh you bet and I realize that fully only now. But you can tell yourself you are just popping in to contrast the weather conditions with where you are at in the world, you know, like Dads do!

Who knows, perhaps one day you will see me on one of my adventures, strolling along the High street oblivious to the fact that Big Brother, and YOU are watching!
So these are some images of Edinburgh Castle found in the archived webcam photos. This should give you an idea of what it is like at 10pm, 11pm, 12am, night night castle and then 2pm today! The summer solstice is behind us so the days are only gonna get shorter from here on in! Sad face!


Sometimes the cameras work, sometimes they don't, so sometimes you will enjoy them!
erin x castle vision 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts